IMIS - 6548
Keywords process control, electricity distribution
Start Date: 01-JUL-92 / Duration: 36 months
[ contact / participants ]
Objectives and Approach
The objective of IMIS is to develop an integrated data management system for use in industrial control systems in a wide range of application domains with real-time and high dependability requirements.
The approach will be to:
- Identify the requirements of data management for industrial systems in a wide range of application domains.
- Identify missing functionalities and the design techniques needed to implement them. An enhanced version of the O2 Engine object server (provided by the partner O2 Technology) will be used as a data management support tool, with a data control language defined and implemented on top of it.
- Design and implement the information management flow aspects.
- Implement an application manager to act as the interface between the object server and the monitoring applications. This will be a flexible front-end with interactive facilities.
- For validation purposes, implement a demonstrator based on a power distribution system.
Mr P. Richard
Alcatel Alsthom Recherche
Route de Nozay
F - 91460 Marcoussis
tel: + 33 / 1-644-914-73
fax: + 33 / 1-644-917-89
ALCATEL ALSTHOM RECHERCHE - F - C
O2 TECHNOLOGY - F - P
PERIHELION SOFTWARE LTD - UK - P
UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW - UK - P
CEGELEC - F - P
PRIMEUR - I - P
IMIS - 6548, December 1993
please address enquiries to the ESPRIT Information Desk
html version of synopsis by Nick Cook